The Creative Curriculum at Iqra Primary School encompasses all core and foundation subjects and enables us to provide a high standard of teaching and learning. We aim to foster a life-long love of learning, through adopting a highly practical and cross-curricular approach. Our Creative Curriculum aims to deliver a twenty-first century education that will equip our children with the skills required to be independent and responsible citizens.
Our Creative Curriculum aims to:
- Provide a broad balanced curriculum
- Build up children’s confidence and motivation to learn through the use of a range of learning and teaching styles
- Embed key skills in order to prepare children for real life and everyday situations
- Provide opportunities to apply knowledge and learning in practical ways
- Provide a creative approach to planning and delivery that will incorporate and embed key aspects of the National curriculum
- Provide enrichment opportunities where learning and teaching can take place beyond the classroom
- Develop social skills and encourage children to become more active citizens within the school community and beyond
Curriculum maps, which reflect the challenge and content of the national curriculum and which outline which themes are taught in each class and when, can be found on our website in ‘our classes’.