Catch-up Premium Strategy 2020-2021
The government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up lost time after school closure. This is especially important for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged backgrounds.
School allocations will be calculated on a per pupil basis. Mainstream school will get £80 for each pupil in from reception to year 11 inclusive.
Schools should use this funding for specific activities to support their pupils to catch up for lost teaching over the previous months, in line with the curriculum expectations for the next academic year.
While schools can use their funding in a way that suits their cohort and circumstances, they are expected to use this funding for specific activities which will help pupils catch up on missed education.
To support schools to make the best use of this funding, the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) has published a coronavirus (COVID-19) support guide for schools with evidence-based approaches to catch up for all students.
To support schools to implement their catch-up plans effectively, EEF has published the school planning guide: 2020 to 2021. This will provide further guidance on how schools should implement catch-up strategies and supporting case studies to highlight effective practice.
The EEF advises the following:
Teaching and whole school strategies
- Supporting great teaching
- Pupil assessment and feedback
- Transition support
- One to one and small group tuition
- Intervention programmes
- Extended school time
- Supporting parent and carers
- Access to technology
- Summer support
- After 2021 Lockdown (Jan 2021 – March 8th) target FS and Y1 – Prime Areas of learning (personal, social and emotional)
- Sum FS – Specific areas of leaning – transition to Y1
- KS1 on track to ARE in Phonics
- School to close the gap between writing and reading in all year groups
- Y2 on track to meet ARE in Reading, Writing and Maths; GD children to make expected progress
- Y6 on track to reach ARE in RWM; GD children in Y6 to make expected progress
Click the button below to see our catch-up premium strategy 2020-21Catch-up Premium Strategy 2020-21
Iqra has produced a number of pre-recorded lessons identifying key catch-up and priority areas for our school. These pre-recorded lessons enable us to deliver targeted catch-up plans which address learning and progress gaps whilst supporting personal development and wellbeing needs. Please click below to access these lessons.