Home School Agreement
At Iqra Primary School we continue to build a strong partnership between staff, parents and carers as we know this is important in helping children to achieve and to enjoy learning. We are determined to create an inclusive culture of learning where all children will be challenged in their thinking, to achieve to the best of their abilities and strive to become lifelong learners.
We will empower our children to become respected citizens to enable them to make valuable contributions locally, globally and to contribute to our world’s sustainable future.
This can be done most effectively when all staff, parents and children understand their responsibilities and work together towards the same goals, as detailed in our Home School Agreement.
Home School Agreement
The school will do its best to:
- Provide a safe, secure and caring learning environment;
- Teach and encourage the children to do their best and achieve their full potential as a valued member of the school community;
- Develop in each child positive values and a caring attitude towards the school community and the environment;
- Provide a balanced curriculum of the highest quality and meet the individual needs of every child;
- Set regular homework and to mark it if appropriate;
- Inform children and parents/carers what the teachers aim to teach the children each term;
- Be welcoming and offer opportunities for parents/carers to become involved in the daily life of the school;
- Contact parents/carers as soon as concerns are raised about your child’s work, behaviour, attendance or punctuality;
- Have a clear and consistent approach to rewards and sanctions for children as set out in the Behaviour Policy;
- Communicate between home and school through notices, text messages, website and general meetings.
To help my child at school, I will do my best to:
- See that my child attends school regularly, is punctual and properly equipped and ready to learn;
- Inform the school on the first day of absence;
- Raise any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s ability to learn or behave appropriately;
- Support the school to make sure my child maintains good behaviour;
- Support my child with homework and other home learning opportunities and listen to my child read daily;
- Attend parent meetings with the teacher to discuss my child’s achievements and progress;
- Support all staff in their efforts to create a caring community which values children and their rights;
- Support the school in getting any help my child may need;
- Read all letters/messages/emails that are sent home;
- Inform the school immediately of any changes to parents/carer and emergency contacts details.
I will do my best to:
- Work hard and listen carefully to instructions;
- Come to school regularly and on time;
- Follow the school and class rules;
- Behave well at all times. Behave well at all times to maintain the safety of myself and others;
- Be polite, friendly and helpful to other children and all adults;
- Tell somebody if there is something I am not happy about;
- Do my homework regularly and return it to school on time;
- Bring all the equipment I need every day including my PE kit, book bag and reading books;
- Take good care of the school environment and living things.
- High expectations of all pupils and staff
- All teaching to be good or better leading to outstanding learning and progress
- Staff form a professional community across the school, learning from and with each other to continually improve their practice
- Serving the community – we accept all children from the communities we serve, regardless of background and prior attainment, and work to secure excellent links with parents/carers and the community
- School environments where children feel safe and exhibit good behaviour, which supports good learning and leads to positive relationships between children and between children and adults
- Use of a creative curriculum and enrichment activities to inspire a love of learning and the development of children as confident and well-rounded individuals